Learn How to Make Easter Playdough
Easter is only a week away!
Easter is one of the most widely celebrated holiday seasons across the world. A special time of year when there is so much to be grateful for. With this wet weather set to continue we thought a great playdough recipe might create some fun indoors! Its’ easy to make, lasts for months if stored in a sealed container, its inexpensive and has a soft pliable texture.
Easter Playdough Fun
2.5 cups of Water
1.25 cups of Salt
1.5 tbsp. of Cream of Tartar
5 tbsp. of Vegetable Oil
2.5 cups of Plain Flour
Natural Food Colouring or dried lavender and lavender essential oil, turmeric, cinnamon, dried camomile flowers, beetroot juice, herbs and spices. Be creative!
- Mix everything except the food colouring together in a large pot. It will be lumpy at this stage but that’s ok.
- Cook the dough over a low heat. Mix constantly. Keep mixing until the edges of the dough appear dry and it forms a ball naturally.
- Place the dough on a floured chopping board and knead the warm dough until its smooth and then divide into the number of colours you would like to make.
- Flatten each ball of dough, add the colouring and knead until all combined.
- Play with the dough immediately or store in sealed containers.
Here at Sassafras we have a range of Easter Playdough Stamps, Raw Timber Hammers, Timber Nails, Timber Threading Eggs, Bilbys and other engaging toys from @letthemplay_toys, premade Playdough from @thesegoldendaze if you’d prefer not to make it yourself. There are many beautiful books including ‘The Velveteen Rabbit’, ‘Guess How Much I Love You’ and ‘Ruby red Shoes’ as well as gorgeous handmade soft Bunnies.
Wishing you a safe and happy Easter.
Love Sharon x